NipDip is formulated with pure and potent ingredients like irradiated, therapeutic grade manuka honey and organic coconut oil to help soothe and repair dry or cracked nipples.
Are you experiencing nipple pain/damage from nursing or pumping? There is no substitute for an effective latch and/or properly sized breast shields. If you have any breastfeeding concerns please seek the advice of an IBCLC.
How to use
Wash your hands thoroughly. Apply to your nipple and areola after nursing or after pumping as needed. No need to remove before breastfeeding. Each batch of our manuka honey is gamma irradiated to eradicate any Clostridium botulinum spores.
Manuka Honey (Irradiated), Organic Coconut Oil*, Organic Sunflower Oil*, Organic Cocoa Butter*, Organic Beewax*, Organic Fractionated Coconut Oil*, Organic Vegetable Glycerin*, Organic Sunflower Lecithin*
*USDA Certified Organic Ingredient
Although there are many varieties of honey, only a few such as Manuka honey have been studied in detail for its medicinal properties. Some of its benefits include:
- Increases the rate of healing: Honey has a long history of use as a wound healer -- as far back as 2000 BC! Manuka honey has been used to treat burns, infected and non-healing wounds, ulcers and in dressing acute and chronic wounds.2 The acidity of the honey can provide oxygen to regenerating tissue and has a stimulatory action on growth of cells.1,2
- Moisturizing: Manuka honey provides moist wound healing as well as a protective barrier for damaged skin.4
- Antibacterial: Manuka honey has potent antibacterial activity when applied to wounds and broken skin. Clinical studies show it is effective against a wide variety of bacteria including antibiotic-resistant strains.1,2,3
- Anti-inflammatory: Clinically there have been several observations reported of honey reducing edema, minimizing scarring and having a soothing effect when applied to inflamed wounds and burns.1
- Irradiated: The honey available at the grocery store is often not sterilized and is not safe for consumption for babies under 1 year old due to the risk of botulism. Our Manuka Honey has been sterilized by gamma irradiation, ensuring the removal of Clostridium botulinum spores. This irradiation does not have a detrimental impact on the antibacterial activity of honey.4