Medihoney Gel - Wound and Burn Dressing
• For use in hard-to-dress wounds and other wounds normally requiring gel or paste
• Maintains effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid, blood and tissue
• Optional accessory applicator tip comes in each box to help reach tough areas
• Promotes a moisture-balanced environment conducive to wound healing
• Can be used safely in tunneled wounds or wounds with undermining
• Can be used before, during and after negative pressure applications
• Helps stalled wounds progress toward healing
• Osmotic potential draws fluid through the wound to the surface, helping to liquefy non-viable tissue
• Low pH of 3.5-4.5 - maintaining more acidic pH levels within the wound environment can help to keep a wound on track towards healing
• Non-toxic, natural and safe
MEDIHONEY® Gel Wound & Burn Dressing is indicated for dry to moderately exuding wounds such as: diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers (venous insufficiency ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology), pressure ulcers (partial- and full-thickness), first- and second-degree partial-thickness burns, donor sites and traumatic or surgical wounds.
Contraindicated for use on individuals with an allergy to honey, on third-degree burns or to control heavy bleeding.
Some patients may notice slight transient stinging. If sting does not stop or cannot be managed with analgesic, remove dressing and cleanse area. An increase in exudate may occur due to the high osmolarity. Manage with an absorptive cover dressing.